"Orangutan Outreach" is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
"Orangutan Outreach" may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 1, 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Online adoption access for adoptive parents.
- Order tracking from purchases in our online shop.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- In an effort to conserve costs, paper and other resources we do not do mass mailings via snail-mail. We may periodically send promotional email about our orangutan conservation efforts. This includes new orangutans in the online adoption program, new items available in our online shop, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. Our communications will be via the email address you have provided.
- We will email you our quarterly e-newsletter. You can add or remove your name from our newsletter list at any time here.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell, share, lease or otherwise distribute your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you would like to be removed from our list, please email us or send a note and we will promptly remove your email address from our database.
Attn: Richard Zimmerman
P.O. Box 833
Hudson, NY 12534
If you have any questions, please contact us.